Don’t let the name fool you, Spicy Baked October Beans are not only a seasonal delight, but perfect for year-round consumption. Bright notes of tangy, spicy and sweet are highlighted in this quick & easy baked beans recipe. This recipe is a one-pot-stop for a hearty, healthy, and delicious meal!
Spicy Baked October Beans
- 6 cups OCTOBER BEANS, cooked, cooled and drained
- 18 slices of apple cured bacon, cut in ½ inch strips
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sweet red onion, finely diced
- 4 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- ¾ lb. dark brown sugar
- 5 oz. Worchestershire sauce
- 6 oz. tomato ketchup
- 6 or 7 Chipotle Chiles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a pot, cook bacon until it starts to brown, add onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Add mustard, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce and cook for 2 ½ minutes. Add ketchup, chipotles and October beans and bring to a boil. Season to taste. Cover the pot and place in a 325 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 ¼ hours.
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!