Snowcap Chowder is a tasty, easy-to-make chowder recipe. Filled with vegetables and featuring our Snowcap Heirloom Beans, this dish promises to scintillate the palate with an abundance of flavor.
- 10 oz. SNOWCAP BEANS
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 Tbs. onion, minced
- 3 Tbs. flour
- ½ tsp. paprika
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ lb. mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Rinse and pick over beans. In a large pot, cover beans with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes; remove from heat, cover, and let sit for one hour. Drain and rinse. Beans should be tender, not mushy.
- 2. Cook potatoes, carrots and onions until just tender and drain. Set aside. In a large pot sauté onions in butter until soft and blend in flour and paprika. Stir in milk and broth and heat to just boiling. Reduce heat and add drained vegetables, beans and mushrooms (if using). Salt and pepper to taste.
- Servings : 6-8
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!