Our Runner Cannellini Heirloom Beans are sautéed with simple pantry staples to heighten and enhance the flavor of the beans themselves. Don’t be fooled by its simplicity, the Runner Cannellini Heirloom Bean Sautee is guaranteed to stimulate your palate.
Runner Cannellini Heirloom Bean Saute
- 1 pound RUNNER CANNELLINI heirloom beans (need 3 ⅓ cups cooked)
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- dry white wine
- fresh parmesan cheese
- 1. Rinse and pick over beans. In a large pot, pour three cups boiling water over beans, cover, and let sit for one hour. Drain, add fresh water to cover by one inch and simmer until tender, not mushy. Start checking doneness at 45 minutes. Drain cooked beans when reach desired doneness.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add beans, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Italian seasonings, and a splash of white wine and cook. Stir until softened and warmed through and liquid has reduced, about 3 minutes. Serve warm with a sprinkle of fresh parmesan cheese on top.
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!