With only eight ingredients, Runner Cannellini Bean Soup is a quick & easy bean soup recipe. The coalescing of flavors, featuring bacon and our Runner Cannellini Beans, creates a smokey, southern soup recipe.
Runner Cannellini Bean Soup
- 2 cups (1 lb.) RUNNER CANNELLINI BEANS
- 4 cups (1 quart) all natural chicken broth
- Low sodium chicken broth powder to taste (optional)
- 1 medium size red onion
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 8 strips cooked smokehouse bacon, diced
- 1 Tbs. Dash Original Seasoning
- 1 Tbs. hickory smoke flavor (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place beans in a large pot with 8 cups cold water and cover. Let beans soak overnight (at least 8 hours) or us quick soak method. (See Let’s Get Soaking and Cooking) After soaking always drain and rinse the beans. Discard the soaking water.
- 2. Cover beans with 8 cups fresh cold water and 4 cups chicken broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and let beans cook gently. Cook beans until desired doneness, about 30-40 minutes. Then add onion, celery, bacon and seasonings. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes more and serve.
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!