An elegant twist on a family favorite. Featuring our exotic Black Calypso Heirloom Beans and bold flavors, this casserole recipe is the epitome of hearty comfort food!
Rocky Mountain Baked Beans
- 1 lb. BLACK CALYPSO BEANS
- ¾ cup sliced green onions (including tops)
- ¾ cup diced green peppers
- ½ cup homemade or commercial chili sauce
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 pkg. corn bread mix
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
- 1. Prepare Beans: Will need to cook ahead. (See Let’s Get Soaking and Cooking)
- 2. Prepare Corn Bread Batter: Follow the instructions on the package, adding chopped chiles.
- 3. Prepare Casserole: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix together beans, onions, peppers, chili sauce, tomato sauce and dry mustard and place in a greased 3 quart casserole dish. Spread Corn Bread Batter on top, keeping slightly away from edge of the dish. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until piping hot and golden brown.
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!