Quick, simple, healthy and fresh, this hearty soup features our Pebble Heirloom Beans for a rich flavor and rustic color. Packed with savory vegetables and fresh herbs, the Pebble Bean Soup is the perfect autumn/winter recipe.
Pebble Bean Soup
- 16 cups
- 1 ½ cups cooked PEBBLE BEANS
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 (2oz) envelopes chicken noodle soup mix
- ½ bay leaf
- ½ tsp. Fines Herbs
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Rinse and pick over beans. In a large pot, cover beans with two inches of water. Bring to and boil for ten minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for one hour. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- 2. Cook onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper, parsley and garlic in butter until soft. In the bean pot combine cooked vegetables, 2 quarts of water, bay leaf and fines herbs. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer until beans are tender, about one hour, not mushy. Add tomatoes. Serve hot, garnished with parmesan cheese.
- Servings : 16
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!