This Italian Minestrone Bean Soup is a family favorite! This classic minestrone soup recipe is enhanced with our rare Hidatsu Red Heirloom Beans. Its robust flavor makes a great dish for leftovers! We highly suggest making a double recipe.
Italian Minestrone Bean Soup
- 3 strips bacon, diced
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 2 small stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup cooked HIDATSU RED BEANS
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian-flavored whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 small potatoes, pared and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- ½ cup macaroni
- 2-3 beef bouillon cubes
- ½ tsp. garlic salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1. In large kettle, sauté bacon until crisp; remove and reserve drippings.
- 2. Sauté onions, celery, and carrot until tender.
- 3. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!