This crazy yummy dip is a real favorite with the kids. Made with our Painted Pony Heirloom Beans, it is also a huge treat for adults without all of the guilt. The ingredients in the Heirloom Bean Brownie Batter Dip are much healthier with added protein and fiber from the heirloom beans. Serve with fruit or graham crackers as a snack, dessert or appetizer.
Heirloom Bean Brownie Batter Dip
- 1⅓ cups cooked PAINTED PONY heirloom beans
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond milk or more as needed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1. Place Painted Pony heirloom beans in a large pot covered by 2 inches of water, bring to a boil for 2 minutes, remove from the heat, cover and let sit for one hour. Drain and rinse. You want the beans to be soft. If not cooked to desired doneness cover with fresh cold water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and let the beans cook gently until soft so they can be pureed.
- 2. Combine the beans, cocoa powder, cashews, honey and brown sugar in a high-powered blender; pulse until crumbly. Add almond milk and blend until smooth.
- 3. Transfer dip to a bowl and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!