Our most popular heirloom bean, the Good Mother Stallard bean is showcased within this veggie-heavy soup recipe. A rustic, foraged soup packed with hearty vegetables and heirloom beans, the Good Mother Stallard Bean Soup will satisfy the whole family.
Good Mother Stallard Bean Soup
- 9 cups
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalks celery, cut in 2-inch lengths
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 cups cooked* GOOD MOTHER STALLARD BEANS
- 2 cans or 14.5 oz. each chicken broth
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until browned. Meanwhile, in food processor or blender, coarsely chop potatoes. Add onion, celery and garlic; pulse until finely chopped. Add chopped vegetables to browned bacon.
- 2. Cook about 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- 3. Puree half of the beans and ½ cup water until smooth. Add pureed beans, remaining whole beans and chicken broth to the vegetable-bacon mixture in saucepan. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Servings : 6-8
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!