This two-step recipe is nutritious and hearty for the whole family. Eye of the Goat Bean Soup features our vibrant and rustic Eye of the Goat Heirloom Beans, giving this dish a sweetness not found in many soups.
Eye of the Goat Bean Soup
- 1-2 cups cooked EYE OF THE GOAT BEANS
- 6 cups chicken stock or bouillon
- 6 slices bacon, diced, sautéed and drained
- 1 large potato, diced
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp celery seed
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley
- 1. Rinse and pick over beans. In a large pot, cover beans with two inches of water. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes then remove from heat, cover and let sit for one hour. Drain, rinse and return beans to pot. Add chicken stock, sautéed bacon, diced potato, chopped onion, coriander, celery seed, bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer for about ½ hour until beans are tender, not mushy. Check beans while cooking to desired doneness.
- 2. Discard bay leaf. Remove one cup of soup to blender or processor and puree. Return puree to pot and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve piping hot in bowls or cups and garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
- Servings : 4-6
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!