A luscious medley of vegetables and Heirloom Beans, the Christmas Lima Bean Soup provides satisfying fiber and protein in this delicious and easy-to-make bean soup!
Christmas Lima Bean Soup
- 4 cups cooked CHRISTMAS LIMA BEANS
- 1 lb. apple cured bacon, cut in 1 inch strips
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 1 small spanish onion, peeled and diced
- ½ cup flour
- 1/3 cup Hungarian paprika
- 96 oz. chicken broth
- 1. In an appropriately sized pot, cook the bacon, stirring occasionally until translucent. Add the carrots, celery and onions. When the vegetables are tender sprinkle flour and paprika over the vegetables and cook, stirring continuously, for five minutes. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust seasonings. Ladle into warm bowls and garnish each serving with lemon juice and sour cream.
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!