Caviar of a different variety. The California Caviar is a delicacy created with our Green Black-Eyed Peas Heirloom Beans, fresh chopped vegetables and a light dressing to please the palate. This simple and inexpensive caviar recipe will delight even your most refined guests.
- 4½ Cups
- 1 ¼ cups dry Green Blackeyes (8 oz)
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper (1 medium)
- ¾ cup diced onion (1 small)
- ½ cup finely chopped green onion
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped and seeded jalapeno chiles
- ¾ cup low-calorie Italian salad dressing
- 1. Place the Green Blackeyes in a large pot with 3 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- 2. Reduce the heat and simmer 45-50 minute or until beans are barely tender. Drain the beans and rinse with cold water. Mix the beans with the remaining ingredients.
- 3. Chill. Serve over lettuce or as a dip with tortilla chips.
- Servings : 8-10
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!