The Blue Cheese and Sunset Runner Bean Salad is bright and zesty! This quick & simple bean salad features our Sunset Runner Heirloom Beans for a light summer salad.
Blue Cheese and Sunset Runner Bean Salad
- 2 cups
- ½ cup SUNSET RUNNER BEANS
- 4 Tbs. blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 4 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- ½ cup celery (including leaves), thinly sliced
- ½ apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1. Rinse and pick over beans. In large pot, pour 3 cups boiling water over beans, cover, and let sit for one hour. Drain, add fresh water to cover by one inch and simmer until tender, not mushy. Start checking doneness at 45 minutes. Drain cooked beans when reach desired doneness.
- 2. Whisk together the cheese, oil, vinegar, and pepper. Add to drained beans and let cool to room temperature. Then mix well with sliced celery, and diced apple, chill and serve.
- Servings : 4
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!