A fresh, flavor-packed, easy-to-make salad, this recipe is made with our deep Black Valentine Heirloom Beans for color contrast to bright seasonal vegetables and fresh herbs. The Black Valentine Bean and Fresh Yellow Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad is perfect for any occasion!
Black Valentine Bean and Fresh Yellow Corn, Avocado and Tomato Salad
- 2 cups cooked BLACK VALENTINE BEANS
- 1 large ear cooked fresh yellow corn, cut from the cob or 1 cup frozen yellow corn
- ½ medium or 1 small red onion, finely chopped to yield (½ cup)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes to yield (1 cup)
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 heaping Tbs. coarsely chopped cilantro, plus 1 sprig
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco Sauce or more to taste
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- ½ ripe medium avocado, cut into ¾ inch cubes to yield (1 cup)
- 1 wedge lime
- 1. In a large serving bowl, mix the beans with the corn and onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes and olive oil and stir gently to combine. Add the 1 Tbs cilantro and then the Tobasco, vinegar and lime juice. Stir gently to mix. Add the avocado last and stir again. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour before serving, to allow the flavors to blend. Stir before serving and garnish with the lime wedge and sprig of cilantro.
- Servings : 6-8
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!