A black bean burger recipe like no other! Featuring our Black Calypso Heirloom Beans to provide a plant-powered protein alternative, the Black Calypso Bean “Veggie” Burger has all of the health benefits of Heirloom Beans without compromising superior flavor.
Black Calypso Bean “Veggie” Burgers
- 4 burgers
- 2 cups cooked BLACK CALYPSO BEANS
- ½ cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbs. chopped green onions
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 egg white or 2 Tbs. cholesterol-free egg product
- 4 whole wheat hamburger beans, split
- Horseradish Sauce
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. Spray 10-inch nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Mash beans in a medium bowl. Mix in cheese, bread crumbs, onions, Worcestershire Sauce, pepper, salt an egg white. Shape into 4 patties. Cook in skillet over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once, until light brown. Serve on buns with Horseradish sauce, tomato and lettuce.
- Servings : 4
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!