A fresh basil and garlic hummus is made using a Runner Cannellini Bean base. This simple spread is bounding with levels of complex flavors and a robust finish that will leave you wanting more.
Basil Garlic Cannellini Bean Hummus
- 4 cups RUNNER CANNELLINI BEANS
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 4 lemons
- 20 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbs. dry basil
- 2 handfuls fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Wash and cover beans with water. Soak beans overnight. Rinse.
- 2. Cover beans with water and simmer covered on very low heat for about one hour until tender. Cool and place in food processor.
- 3. Add tahini, 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, dry basil, fresh basil, salt, cayenne and water.
- 4. Mince garlic very finely and sauté in a small pan with one tablespoon olive oil. Stir frequently to avoid burning for about 1 minute.
- 5. Add garlic to food processor and blend till smooth.
- 6. Serve with pita, tortilla chips or vegetables cut into nibble size pieces.
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!