This spicy hummus quesadilla blends together two widely loved cuisines. Featuring our Jacob’s Cattle Gold Beans, this exotic quesadilla recipe requires light preparation for a crowd-pleasing meal.
Spicy Hummus Quesadilla
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup JACOB CATTLE GOLD BEANS, soaked and drained
- 3 Tbs. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. tahini
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 poblano chile; roasted, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 12 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup julienned zucchini
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ cup chile powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap garlic in aluminum foil, place it in the oven and roast for 1 hour. Remove, allow to cool, and peel.
- 2. Meanwhile, drain the chickpeas and Jacobs Cattle Gold beans. Place each in a separate saucepan, cover with 2 inches cold water, bring to a simmer and cook partially covered for about 1 hour until the beans are tender.
- 3. Place the cooked chickpeas, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and the tahini in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Slowly add 2 tablespoons of olive oil through the feed tube. Season with salt and pepper. Fold in the cilantro and set aside.
- 4. When Jacobs Cattle Gold beans are cooked, drain and mix them with the poblano chile, the remaining lemon juice, 4 tablespoons of the olive oil and the thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside. This is the relish.
- 5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 6. Place eight of the tortillas on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread ¼ cup of the chickpeas mixture of each. Top each with 2 tablespoons of the Monterey Jack cheese, 2 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons of zucchini, and 1 tablespoon of goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7. Stack the tortilla to make four 2-layer tortillas and top each with 1 of the remaining tortillas. Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with chile powder.
- 8. Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the tortillas are slightly crisp and the cheese has melted. Cut each into quarters and serve topped with Jacobs Cattle Gold bean relish.
Our most common order size is 3 lbs, but did you know that shipping charges increase every 5 lbs? We suggest you purchase in 5 lbs increments to save on shipping. As you know beans, if kept in a cool dry place, last indefinitely so why not stock up on your favorites!